MrsFish

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Opal Anniversary

Today is my 18th Wedding Anniversary. Ever since we married we have looked to this date as the one where we would say we had been married 1/2 our lives. This day finds us unable to do much celebrating with my beloved working an involuntary double shift. He will get home about 3pm and have to be back at work at 11pm. We didn't really plan any events because of the known night shift and various other reasons. But in our hearts we celebrate. So, my beloved, here are 18 things I love about you. One for every year I have been blessed to call you husband: 1. Your smile. It melts my heart. 2. You are the most loyal person I have ever met. 3. You are an incredible father. 4. You keep the sense of play in our family. 5. I feel safe when I am with you. 6. Together we take on adventures neither one of us would on our own. 7. Your desire to protect our family, community and nation. 8. You fix things, like the dryer, even when you have never worked on a dryer before. 9. You never stop hoping and dreaming, even in the face of dark realities. 10. Pinky holds 11. I have said it a million times, but your hand on the small of my back makes me feel loved and protected. 12. You bring the oddest little gifts and trinkets home as gifts and souvenirs (rubber bullets, railroad ties, etc.) 13. I love how you value the scrapbooks I have made. It shows your love of the family to me. 14. Your faithfulness. 15. You have introduced me to activities that I only did to be with you, but loved anyway - off road vehicles, camping on open land instead of AAA approved campgrounds, and now easy hiking :) 16. your silly songs. 17. the way your eyes say so much when you look over at me when we are both lisenting to Emily pontificate on her latest subject. 18. You are still my best friend, the one I long to turn to first in all things, and you reach to me first too when things are really good, really bad or just interesting. I love you darling, I always will. Happy 18th. The best is yet to come.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/29/2006 08:51:00 PM, Blogger Gwen said…

    Happy 18th Anniversary Ben and Amanda! Even though work was interupting the day I hope there was some time for romance together! Congratulations on 18 years of wedded bliss!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker