MrsFish

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Proud and the Muddy

Well, the good news is that even though Em was feverish (but sleeping) when I left at 5:15 this morning, she was fever free upon waking and at 9:30 tonight she remains fever free. Why is this so recently sick kid still up at 9:30 you might ask? Well let me tell you. It's raining outside. Zoe has always hated the cold and the rain, until she discovered the joy of playing in the snow with Em in February. This is the first rain since snow season ended. Last weekend we removed all the small white rocks that covered our backyard in preparation for laying grass sod. Did I say it was raining? Unfortunately, I didn't put together the fact that I hadn't seen the dog in about 20 min, the rain, and Zoe's loss of rain/cold phobia. In fact, earlier this evening, upon request I wrote a letter of recommendation for the woman who we got Zoe from - she is trying to rescue a couple dogs from being put down from an animal shelter in Ohio. I just glowed about what a good dog Zoe is. I jinxed myself. We heard this rush through the doggy door and what I thought was, did another animal come through? And I called Zoe . And she came running at full speed. Covered in Mud. Snout to Tail. Up on the couch, and down at my shrieks, skidded across the living room floor, up the stairs and into my bathroom. I promptly through her in the tub. Em asked "Can I help?" So she came and watched me wash the dog. Then the dog got locked up in her crate. I started on the walls and floors. Em asked to help. I said OK - can you wipe down the couch (Isn't scotch guard wonderful?). I started on the second floor carpet and the stairs. Em did an awesome job on the couch, then did the front door and started on the bottom stairs and worked up as I worked down. I love Chlorox wipes. Then when I started mopping the floors, Em got the other mop and mopped with me. What a trooper. She did a FABULOUS job. I was so proud of her. I didn't have to ask, nag, or anyother coersion. She worked hard despite not feeling 100% and it being late. She kept saying "I want to try to be helpful". I praised her up one side and down the other, telling her how good she did, how much I appreciated her help and how impressed I was with her responsibilit and how proud I am at what a good job she did. And the really funny part. I am going to give you a glimpse into my life and my home here (how spoiled I am) As I was getting the last bit of mud out of the carpet by hand, I looked up at Em and said - do you know where Daddy keeps the vacuum?

5 Comments:

  • At 3/28/2006 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Gwen said…

    Oh what a good girl Em is!

    All I can say about you is YOU ARE SPOILED!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

    Silly Dog!

     
  • At 3/28/2006 11:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just love those two, I guess, I will never say anything about those rocks again, I should have just keep my mouth shut, who knew she would love the mud more than eating the rocks.

    Love Mom

     
  • At 3/29/2006 12:17:00 AM, Blogger Kili @ Live Each Moment said…

    Ok. That's funny. The closest I come to that is that I had a few minor complications while pregnant and my physician ordered me to not vacuum for the duration of my pregnancy, then due to emergency c-section not vacuum for about 6-8 weeks afterwards. When I got the vacuum out for the first time after having Josiah I looked at my hubby and said "when did you buy a new vacuum?"....he hadn't! I was embarassed because we also had company when I did this! We argued whether or not it was new.

     
  • At 3/29/2006 07:59:00 AM, Blogger MomToJandE said…

    LOL - very cute story (especially the vacuum line).

     
  • At 3/31/2006 09:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker