MrsFish

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Baltimore, Family and Food

My normal commute to work is 45 minutes on a good day - a day that I drive non-rush hour. An 8-5 day, the commute (within Northern Virginia) is an hour 15, a bad day an hour and a half. Today I went into Baltimore to begin a week of meetings. I was told it could take up to 3 hours in rush hour traffic (a highway, an interstate, and three beltways). I left at 6 am. It took an hour 15 getting there. And leaving at 5 pm it took an hour twenty to get home. Not bad. It felt good to be back in old stomping grounds. Saw some old colleagues and friends. They asked me back right from the start. And even if its all just talk, or if its not, but not practicable - it feels good to be remembered for good work and valued, plus liked. The meeting was interesting, they dynamic among the players even more so. I think it will be a valuable week all around. Grandma has quickly settled back into the household. Puppy didn't recognize her for about 30 seconds, but once she did it was obvious she remembered the dynamic of THEIR relationship :) She hasn't left her alone since. Last night we had rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I have never done that before and it was good. Easy meal with some macaroni and potatoe salad and cold cut carrots. Tonight mom made her steak that we all like and I threw together som trader joes red roasted potatoes. Yummy eatin in our household. Tomorrow I am meeting a friend from Baltimore after work for dinner (there is that social life again) so the rest of the fam is doing fish sticks and tater tots after dance. And Wednesday if I am not too exhausted from the long day, I will whip up my spagetti. There isn't much that is easier than spagetti, but my family only likes my version. (just the right amount of onions and garlic in the meat sauce and no funny stuff) Makes you feel good, you know?

4 Comments:

  • At 3/14/2006 12:03:00 PM, Blogger Sheila said…

    I'm in quite a spaghetti phase. I've made it at least once a week - sometimes more - for the past six weeks! I don't know what my deal is with spaghetti. I just love it.

     
  • At 3/14/2006 03:52:00 PM, Blogger Gwen said…

    Ohhh...your family is lucky. When we have spaghetti my family gets Ragu sauce mixed in with browned ground beef!!! No one complains though! LOL!!! I actually have no concept of cooking! Mike was trying to compliment me the other day but it came out not such a compliment. I made Shrimp Creole for the first time and it was delicious! He was talking about how great it was and said, "man I always tell the guys at work your perfect except for one thing...you don't really cook that great. Now I can't say that anymore!" Hmm...wasn't sure how to take that! LOL!!!

     
  • At 3/15/2006 12:27:00 PM, Blogger alison said…

    In the past I never made spaghetti much and then, I think it was last year, I realized:

    1. It's easy.
    2. We love it.
    3. We can eat it once a week and not tire of it.

    It's in the rotation now. I make it with 100% whole wheat capellini and no one can tell the difference.

     
  • At 3/16/2006 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Juliabohemian said…

    you know, I've seen Maryland on the map and it seems like it couldn't possibly take more than a few hours to drive across it. Of course, I am from california.
    I don't think I would be willing to make a commute like that. I would go nuts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker