MrsFish

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Noone Posts on the Weekends

It is 4:52 in the morning. I have been awake since 3:27, or a little before. Maybe it is the three days in bed finally catching up with me. Or maybe that I am still very aware of my own breathing. Not that it hurts, or that I can't. It is just taking enough effort that I am aware of it. I layed in bed for over an hour. Praying, tossing and turning, pulling the covers up further, tossing them off, looking out the window, wondering if I could get away with turning on the light to read without waking hubby. Finally, I got up and came down stairs for a decongestant and a glass of cranberry juice. A few years ago, these mid night/am computer sessions were not uncommon. But that was before blogging. My friends recieved long chatty emails from me, or a deluge of shorter ones. That was also before puppy. I would sit varying between relishing the quiet and feeling a tad bit lonely. Now, I do wish I was upstairs in my warm comfy bed with my new down comforter in faux suede (super soft) duvet. But I have this adorable dog curled into a ball with her noce tucked in, right in my lap. I do wish you all posted something on the weekends though. It stops Friday about 3 pm and doesn't pick up again till after 8 am on Mondays. I know you can't all be blogging on your employers time. I know for some its because weekends are family time. I understand. Really I do. But my insomnia doesn't. On a good note, all my bloodwork from Monday came back normal.

7 Comments:

  • At 2/25/2006 08:32:00 AM, Blogger Wendi said…

    LOL, I am with you about the weekend posting. I hate checking my daily reads and no one has added any new posts :( I usually dont get a chance to post on the weekends simply due to the fact that my husband hogs the pc!! I only have time to check my email and glance through some blogs, but today he had to work so I have the pc all day :-)

     
  • At 2/25/2006 10:10:00 AM, Blogger MomToJandE said…

    If you're looking for interesting reading, you might like my friend Kim's latest post to her blog. http://onthefence.typepad.com/onthefence/

     
  • At 2/25/2006 07:46:00 PM, Blogger romy said…

    i occasionally post on the weekends because it's really the only time i have several hours to myself to write something worth posting. but then nobody comments because everyone else is busy off having a life, and i get all sad and dejected, and all before monday ! ah what a strange little blogoworld it is, really.

    i hope you are able to sleep tonight. :)

     
  • At 2/25/2006 07:47:00 PM, Blogger romy said…

    and ps - good news on the bloodwork.

     
  • At 2/26/2006 08:07:00 AM, Blogger Child of God said…

    I try to post on the weekends. In fact, that is frequently when I get caught up.

    P.S. I am writing this at 5 AM. Does that count as insomnia?

     
  • At 2/26/2006 09:54:00 AM, Blogger mrsfish said…

    Thanks guys, so people do READ on the weekends. I spoke with my mom on the phone yesterday (who reads everybody's blogs) and she said more people posted yesterday than do most weekends LOL. Kris-Anne, I did read Kim's blog and bookmarked it - thanks. Romy, I read most of your 'heavier' stuff on the weekends- even though you seem to post on Thursdays - had you noticed that? Wendi- hope your weekend is good - love your new blog template. COG-yes I know you are one of my few faithful weekend buddies. And yes 5 am counts, it is such an awful hour to be awake. :) Check out the comments on Hymns from the woods, couple post down.

     
  • At 2/27/2006 11:57:00 PM, Blogger Kili @ Live Each Moment said…

    i normally post on weekends but i've been sick :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker