MrsFish

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Heavy Snow Warning

We woke up at 8 am this morning to snow falling. But so far there is no accumulation. Yesterday my kind coworker and my one friend in town made sure I know the Virginia Drill: Night before a snow storm go to grocery store and buy Bread, Milk, Eggs and Toilet Paper. Apparently today there won't be any left, thus the terrible fear of being without these staples. Good advice for this California girl who would have gone and bought candles, batteries and water. The county schools just sent email notice that all weekend activities will be cancelled beginning at 1pm. Pretty much everybody follows the school superintendant. Its more reliable than the weather channel. So, I guess we will look for the snow after lunch.

3 Comments:

  • At 2/11/2006 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Wendi said…

    We are also expecting snow... 12+" late tonight and all day tomorrow. They've actually started broadcasting a Blizzard warning just this morning. Of course I had to follow the Northeast storm drill... run to grocery store, battle the 100 other people who had the same idea(and since it is a weekend had to bring their children along), witness at least one altercation over the last loaf of wonder bread or gallon of milk, stand in check out line for over 35 minutes, then realize, as your heading to the car, you forgot the damn beef for the beef stew you were going to make!!!!!!!!! Then do the entire thing over again!!!! I know here in Massachusetts people panic when they hear the word blizzard because of the one that hit us in '78. People were actually stranded and couldnt get out to get bread and milk. I remember being at home with my mom and my brother, and not being able to get out of the house. A police officer who was going from house to house checking on people came to our door and realized my mom was a single mother and couldnt get out. He then went to the store and brought us back some much needed groceries!! Then I remember my neighbor shoveling a pathway between our house and his. The snow was up to my neck.

    Ok, sorry for the long comment, I was on a roll :)

     
  • At 2/11/2006 12:15:00 PM, Blogger mrsfish said…

    I love long comments, Wendi!

     
  • At 2/11/2006 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Gwen said…

    Have fun in the snow and be careful! As usual...I envy the snow your getting!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker