MrsFish

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Snippets and Glimpses

Zoe had another good health report at the Vets today when she got her vaccinations. She is now 16.7 lbs (thats an almost 7 lb gain in 2 weeks). Our scheduling issue for after school care for next week is resolved. Ben was able to get his shift changed; he is actually working part of two different shifts. I am grateful for a full partner in working through this decision of no day care for as long as we can make it work. But since work gave him a favor, he was also called in to work a night shift this weekend. Also good - it's overtime. So now all I have to resolve for now is that 1:15-3:45 time frame on Mondays. I don't have to have that worked out till Feb 6th. God is faithful, each time I got to the actual I can't take it anymore, I have to do SOMETHING point, I prayed and set a waiting time period (to make myself slow down,and ensure I wasn't acting without considering His will, not to test God) - an answer I couldn't have forseen comes through. I didn't like the last study for First Place and sort of dropped off my group. A challenge has been offered for a new study to start Feb 6. It is a different one than both the one I am doing and the one I just recently purchased. I need to make a decision. I am wondering if I am not getting comments because my readers can't find the comments link. It says Chit Chat and appears at the top of a post instead of the bottom. I have neither the skill nor the time to figure out how to get it back down to the bottom of a post in this new template. This is Emily's answer to how to get over the dog gate at the bottom of the stairs. This picture was a result of a call from the hall .."Immmmm Stuuuuuuuuck!" Notice the arrows drawn on the legs of her brand new jeans ($10 each online sale from the gap). She said she did it so she would 'know which way to go'. The best I could get out of her is that she never knows what we mean when we say 'go left here' or 'go right here'. I can't figure out when we would have ever told her that. That shirt doesn't fit her anymore. I need to put it upstairs in the seasonal donation bin. My Dad, my grandma, and my uncle all have serious health issues right now. Prayers are appreciated. Emily has started break dancing on our living room floor. I have started scrapbooking again. The dog has her own album. I am doing all 8x8 albums this year (1 family, 1 Emily, 1 Zoe the puppy phase). I plan to scan some pages. The stiffness and pain that I had last week at the same time as I was taking antibiotics for a throat infection was not related to the infection as previously thought. Turns out it is an arthritic inflamation in the fluid sac of the joints in the pelvic bone. Translation, I can expect this pain to recur occasionally. I am taking voltarin for the next two weeks. I just finished The Veritas Conflict today and really enjoyed it.

8 Comments:

  • At 1/22/2006 10:43:00 AM, Anonymous Gwen said…

    I LOVE THAT PIC OF EMILY ON THE STAIRS! TOO CUTE!!!!

     
  • At 1/22/2006 07:20:00 PM, Anonymous mommychew said…

    I've been trying to comment, but each time I push post, it just deletes my comments. Will it work today? Don't know!

     
  • At 1/22/2006 07:21:00 PM, Anonymous Sheila said…

    What is the secret to getting my comments to post? I've been trying and trying . . ..

     
  • At 1/22/2006 07:22:00 PM, Anonymous Sheila said…

    IT WORKED!!!!! Yippee. I think I had my website address wrong this whole time. :(

     
  • At 1/22/2006 07:22:00 PM, Anonymous Sheila said…

    Now I'm doing too many comments.
    Must make myself stop . . .

     
  • At 1/22/2006 10:43:00 PM, Anonymous Veronica said…

    Kids are so funny ... half they time they don't know they are being so CUTE! I think that is so great that your child does not have to go to daycare. It can get really expensive.

     
  • At 1/23/2006 02:30:00 PM, Anonymous Amber said…

    I, too, just finished the VC book last week. It was great. A little deeper/heavier than I would like since I only get to read 1-2 pages at a time, but the book kept me up a few nights unable to put it down.

    I liked how she discussed the "mainstream" angle as well as the Judeo-Christian angle and argued both points. I would definitely like to read something by her again.

     
  • At 1/23/2006 08:44:00 PM, Anonymous romy said…

    i'm sorry i haven't been around to comment much lately. semesters are starting on both sides of the famous charles river, and i am not yet in a rhythm that lets me do anything other than run.

    i will keep your family in my prayers.

    the book looks intriguing. oddly enough, i was walking past the library gate a couple weeks ago and happened to look up, and noticed the one remaining old motto blason on campus. "veritas - christo - et ecclesiae" it said, right there, hanging in wrought iron above mass. ave. who knew? (besides george seigel, i mean, who wrote about it several years ago, and this feldhahn ...) i'll keep an eye out for this novel. i wonder if she'll write something about BU's old motto next? "virtue - learning - piety." it's still on the campus seal and everything. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby Ticker